In Vietnam, this recipe is so popular and easy that none of us have to measure the ingredients.
Therefore, when I measured flour and water for this recipe my mom got a “seriously?”- face. >:P
Sometimes, we use sliced sweet banana instead of sweet potato.
I had lots of fun time with my mom, my friend, my ‘everything’ while cooking this cake.
. Have fun!
- I. Ingredients:
- Sweet potato: 4-5 bulbs
- 350 ml water
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 60-80 gr sugar
- II. Method:
- Wash and peel the sweet potato carefully
- Grate sweet potatoes or simply slice them
- Mix flour and sugar in a big bowl.
- Make a “volcano” in the bowl of flour. Pour water in. Mix well.
- Mix grated sweet potatoes with flour texture.
- Add about an inch of oil in a shallow pan or pot and heat up
- Add a pile of the sweet potato mixture onto a ladle.
- Slip the sweet potato batter and shrimp onto the hot oil.
- When the underside is nice and golden (this is very quick, maybe a minute), flip the cake over.
- Remove when the other side is cooked.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Note: For more choices you can use husked corn, slice well ripe banana instead of sweet potato.